Our aim is to provide the highest level of care for all our patients. We will always be willing to hear if there is any way that you think that we can improve the service we provide. We are pleased to listen to any comments or suggestions, we have a suggestion box on our reception desk for you to fill out.
Making a Complaint
If you have any complaints or concerns about the servcie that you have received from the doctors or staff working for this practice, please let us know.
We hope that most problems can be sorted out easily and quickly, often at the time they arise and with the person concerned. If your problem cannot be sorted out in the way and you wish to make a complaint, we would like you to let us know as soon as possible - ideally within a matter of days or at most a few weeks - because this will enable us to establish what happened more easily. If it is not possible to do that, please let us have details of your complaint:
- Within 6 months of the incident that caused the problem; or
- Within 6 months of discovering that you have a problem, provide that is within 12 months of the incident.
The Practice Manager will be pleased to deal with any complaint. She will explain the procedure to you and make sure that your concerns are dealt with promptly. You can make your compaint:
In person - ask to speak/arrange an appointment with our Practice/Assistant Manager
In writing - some complaints may be easier to explain in writing - please give as much information as you can, then send your complaint to the practice for the attention of the Practice Manager as soon as possible.
Address: The Practice Manager, Orchard Medical Practice, Stockwell Gate, Mansfield, NG18 5GG.
What we will do
Our complaints procedure is designed to make sure that we settle any complaints as quickly as possible.
We shall acknowledge your complaint within three working days and will start looking into your complaint as soon as possible. We will endeavour to respond as soon as we can but time taken to properly investigate and respond to a complaint will vary depending on the nature of the complaint. We shall then be in a position to offer you an explanation. When we look into your complaint we shall aim to:
- Find out what happened and what went wrong
- Make it possible for you to discuss the problem with those concerned, if you would like this
- Make sure you receive an apology, where this is appropriate
- Identify what we can do to make sure the problem does not happen again.
At the end of the investigation your complaint will be discussed with you in detail, either in person or in writing.
Please be assured that patients, carers and relatives will not be treated adversely as a result of having complained.
Complaining on behalf of someone else
Please note that we keep strictly to the rules of medical confidentiality. If you are complaining on behalf of someone else, we have to know that you have their permission to do so. A note signed by the person concerned will be needed, unless they are incapable (because of illness) of providing this.
Complaints Procedure & Form: Complaint form
What else you can do
We hope that, if you have a problem, you will use our practice complaints procedure. We believe that this will give us the best chance of putting right whatever has gone wrong and the opportunity to improve our practice.
However, this does not affect your right to approach NHS England if you feel you cannot raise your complaint with us. To contract NHS England:
You can also contact the Patient Experience Team, for confidential advice and support. To contact:
- Telephone: 0800 0283 693 press option 1
- Email: NSHCCG.Pet-North@nhs.net
- By Post: Patient Experience Team, NHS Mansfield and Ashfield CCG, Balderton Primary Care Centre, Lowfield Lane, Balderton, Newark, Nottinghamshire, NG24 3HJ
Support with your complaint
The NHS Complaints Advocacy Service (POhWER) can help you to use the NHS complaints process. For more information visit their website at www.powher.net . To Contact POhWER:
- Telephone: 0300 0200093
- Text: send the word 'pohwer' with yoru name and number to 81025
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Post: POhWER, PO Box 14043, Birmingham B6 9BL
If you remain dissatisfied with the responses to your complaint, you have the right to ask the Health Service Ombudsman to review your care. The Ombudsman is independent of government and the NHS. This service is confidential and free. There are time limits for taking a complaint to the Ombudsman, although they can waive them if they think there is a good reason to do so. To contact the Ombudsman:
- Telephone 0345 015 4033
- Write to: The Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman, Millbank Tower, Millbank, London, SW1P 4QP
- Go to website: www.ombudsman.org.uk.